Since we moved into our town home in June I thought it would be a good time to switch the cozy super soft fleece blanket Jared had been using for a lighter weight blanket. Well, those first two weeks Jared had a really hard time settling down at night and falling asleep. I thought it was just the new room but didn't think it would last that long. Finally it was a little cooler one night so I grabbed the fleece blanket and he fell asleep instantly. So the next night I used the same blanket and again he fell asleep right away. It appears that he is much more attached to that blanket then I thought. Well as time has shown he loves his fleece blankets. These pictures don't do justice to how cute he is with them. If it is on the ground sometimes he will stop playing with his toys and go tackle the blanket. He will cover himself then roll all over the place laughing uncontrollably as he does. Then other times he will just lay down on it for a few seconds then go back to tackling it. He gets so excited to have it. I don't even encourage him to play with it he just goes for it. I try not to let the white one leave his crib/room but the other ones are fair game. I love seeing how much fun he has with a blanket! Just imagine thes pictures as one of those flip books!
Downstairs blanket fun!
The pure joy of a blanket!
I ♥ this kid.















2 comments:
Marlie has a favorite blanket too. It's also a very hot blanket, so I try to take it away in the summer. I replaced it with a cotton "jersey" type blanket I made... she like it. But she is very excited if she ever finds the favorite pink one. Guess you can't fight love!
What a happy kid! Just like Linus, maybe someday he can "make a sportcoat out of it". He's still pretty young...it will be interesting to see if he becomes emotionally attached to a blanket as some kids do, or if it will be more just a favorite plaything. Sure is a cutie!
Post a Comment