Sunday, March 20, 2011

I recommend

laundry baskets as a good source of entertainment for little kids.  I wish we could take one to church to help Jared sit still during sacrament meeting.  Whenever I am doing laundry he loves to play with the empty basket.  He is also quite good at loading the wet clothes into the dryer.  It would be great if that lasted throughout his life.  Awhile back I saw someone's blog post about how they have their kids sit in laundry baskets during FHE because it keeps them in one spot.  Parents are so funny.
I also love to recommend articles.  I think it is my new favorite thing about Facebook; that and seeing what other people are up to. I am not as big a status updater as I once was but I totally love recommending articles.  In a strange way it makes me feel smart or connected, like I do other things besides have fun with Jared and domestic responsibilities.  I do pay attention to what is happening outside my little sphere. I think it really started with the protests in Egypt.  (not the paying attention to other places but recommending articles) By the way has anyone been following what is happening in Libya?  It is out of control!!  Maybe I should recommend some articles about that.
*Oh and I had Pittsburgh winning the NCAA championship and they are OUT so I am glad I did  not recommend them to anyone.

2 comments:

veryterry said...

Parents ARE so funny. I can think of a really cute one right now. I just read her blog. :) I've certainly benefited from your recommendations. Articles, blogs, and especially books.

Candie said...

YES, laundry baskets are great. They make good cars for racing around the house too! :D I might try the FHE idea... sometimes you just have to do what it takes!