Today we took Jared to the zoo for the first time. He LOVED it. He loves reading books about animals and is really good at making animal noises. We went ahead and bought a season pass and plan on getting a lot of use out of it. It was super fun to see Jared recognize animals that we had read stories about and get excited about seeing them. He did a great job doing all his animal impressions. The zoo is literally built into the mountain so its a really pretty location. It is also on the very West side of town which has all the large pretty homes with the fully grown trees. A rarity on our side of town. I miss trees!!
A pair of monkeys
We got to pet a baby wallaby.
Jared loves to hop like a kangaroo but this was as close as we got to one.
My favorite animals were the Giraffes and the Otters. I love otters they are so cute and happy. It's amazing just how tall Giraffes are. I find them fascinating and apparently Jared does too. And remember how I talked about a frozen yogurt place opening near the zoo awhile back and how excited I was? Well we remembered so we stopped and got some frozen yogurt on the way home, perfect. When we went to pay for our yogurt we asked when the other location, (the one 2.5 miles from our house) would be opening and they said mid June! Score. It was a lovely morning.
P.S. Isn't that first picture So adorable? I ♥ it.












2 comments:
How fun!!! Yes that first picture is adorable!!! I had to do a double take on that one of you and Jared in front of the elephants. Looks pretty real.
I can't wait to take Jaden to the zoo!!
Enjoy your season pass!! :-)
It sounds perfect! Ethan loves animals too. I can't wait to take him to a real zoo. He loves the zoo here, but it's mostly just birds and lizards. We have a couple of lemurs, and some big cats in cages that are too small for them. :(
We have a SUPER cool aquarium though. :)
Post a Comment