This address has so many special memories for me. It is the address of my Grandparents' house in California. Sadly both of my Grandparents have now passed away. My Grandad passed away in August of 2008 (luckily we got home from Egypt in time to visit one more time) and my Grammie passed away last week just a few days before her 80th birthday. (Also luckily we went out to California to visit in March so we got to visit once more and she got to meet Lydia)
We flew home last week to attend the funeral and then help my Mom start cleaning out the house. I don't think I will make it to their house again. It was a very nice simple service. My Grammie was witty, proper and loving. My grandparents were a great example of a happy, thriving marriage where they respected and loved each other. They were just classy people. I feel I was really fortunate to have the chance to spend a lot of time with my grandparents. For my whole life they lived just 45 minutes away. We got together for all the major holidays and many of the smaller ones and many birthdays. If we weren't at their house in Sacramento they came to ours in Yuba City. It was like this with both sets of Grandparents as my dad's parents also lived less then an hour away. Once I was in high school we often rotated Sunday Dinners one week at my Mom's parents house the next at my Dad's. While I was at their house I took a trip down memory lane by going through their photo albums. I raided them or all the pictures I could find of myself as a little girl and found some special ones with just me and my grandparents. I wish Jared and Lydia could have the opportunity to see their grandparents as much. Hopefully we will get to live overseas and then come home for summers and then they will be stuck with us for weeks at at time!
I am so blessed to have had such personal relationships with my Grandparents. They will be missed.






1 comment:
Sometimes I forget how lucky we were that mom and dad made sure we saw them so much. That was a very nice blog post. I think I will be reading it a few more times. :)
Post a Comment