Saturday, December 14, 2013

Change in plans

Mark, Jared and Lydia are all sick. Mark left work half way through the school day on Thursday and didn't go in on Friday. The three of them are really achy, have chills, coughs and some kind of stomach bug. I am feeling extremely fortunate that I haven't gotten this bug. Yesterday Jared slept from around 9:00 in the morning till 11:30 then again from like 2:00 until 3:00 and all night. He is just exhausted. This is basically how our day went. We read a lot of stories, watched some shows and cuddled a lot which was really sweet.


Lydia was doing fine but woke up sick this morning. She looks so exhausted and sad. We were planning on going to the zoo to check out the Christmas lights but will put that off till next week. I also organized a caroling party for Sunday night with some friends and may be the only member of my family present. Which is funny because we are meeting at our house. Oh well.  Life happens. I just hope everyone feels better soon. It's so sad when everyone else feels so poorly.

I do have some fun pictures from previous days before everyone got sick.



For my birthday I got some comfy brown boots (above) and some fun black boots. My Mom also bought Lydia some cute black boots. She loves to wear hers and mine. Since I was trying boots on at the store Mark was helping Lydia with hers. Once she got them on it was next to impossible to get them off of her. When I ask her to go put her boots on she always says "Daddy boots, Daddy boots." Its cute.

Here she is in one of her cute Christmas outfits from Marmee, complete with said boots. She wore this to church last week and the nursery leader came over and told me she wanted Lydia's skirt.  She was impressed with my Mom's fashion sense. (We really love our Nursery leader she is so sweet with Jared and Lydia. She always brings Jared little treats and toys. We saw her at tithing settlement today and she said Jared was still her favorite. I love stories like this about my kids)

What else? Mark had been (until he got sick) diligently trying to recreate Chick-Filets amazing Peppermint Chocolate Chip milkshakes. I LOVE these shakes. They are beyond amazing. I look forward to them every December. He made this one last week and it was so close to theirs. I can't wait to have some more and get to drink them after they stop selling them!


The other day at the store I found some cute Christmas glow sticks and so we had a special glow stick bath. Last time we tried a glow stick bath Lydia freaked out and would not get in the water with the glow sticks. She didn't even want them near her when she was out of the bath. This time she loved them and they had a lot of fun with them. 




We also made some fun pancakes and tried out a new learning time activity.



Filling in Santa's beard with marshmallows with number recognition. Jared and Lydia liked the snowman pancake but really liked the marshmallows as snow.  After Lydia ate hers she kept signing "more more" like crazy which is funny because she can actually say more really clearly now but maybe she was too excited.  I am looking forward to everyone feeling better soon so we can go do fun things outside of the house too! And just so our house will be a littler happier.


No comments: