We had our family pictures taken a few weeks ago at Garden of the Gods. The other 6th grade SS teacher at Mark's school is married to a really nice guy who used to be a full time photographer. I am not sure what he does now, something with the Air Force. Anyway he was willing to take our pictures so we spent some time with them (Dennis and Linda Rogers) and got some fun pictures. Jared was the winner that day. We got so many cute pictures of him. He was such a good sport. Not very many family ones which was what I was going for but oh well. Typically taking pictures is not very fun from me being super critical of myself to Jared and Lydia being super uninterested so it was great that Jared was so wiling. We did tell him we would go get frozen yogurt after if he did a really good job. He did so great and it was totally worth it. While we were there we saw a couple of Prom groups getting their pictures done too. It was fun to see them all dressed up. There was also a couple getting pictures taken with their 2 pet pigs! So random but to each their own. Jared and Lydia loved the pigs. One was dressed in a pink tutu which they thought was amazing. They had fun climbing and jumping on the rocks and admiring the pigs. We had lots of pep talks before we took the pictures. I had to reassure Jared that he could jump on and off the rocks as soon as we finished the pictures.
Mark told me this looks like a "teacher" photo.
I haven't had pictures taken of
myself,
alone by a real photographer since we got married so that was fun and a little strange. Surprisingly I really like this picture which is a really nice feeling. It's like this is what I think I look like then I see pictures of me and wonder what happened.
He really liked this sign.
After we set up this photo shoot I found out that a friend of ours from our Greeley days, who is an awesome photographer was going to be in Colorado and was willing to do pictures if people wanted them. They recently moved to AZ and we sadly never had the chance to get pictures done by her. I was super excited when I found out we would still be here when she was in town. I am happy with the pictures above but am really excited to have them done by Chelsea too. She does such a great job. I think they will be more creative and relaxed. I also think these pictures were a little too matchy matchy for me. I think just 2 colors wasn't enough variety. I was so proud of Jared and Lydia though especially Jared. We have talked about the pictures we are taking next week and he is actually excited about it. I can't wait.
1 comment:
I love these so much! I am going to print one and frame it!
Post a Comment