Friday, December 26, 2014

Christmas Eve

We spent Christmas Eve day doing a few fun fun learning times and made one quick stop at the store. 






Since I had been gone Mark had been doing Lydia's hair.  When we were getting ready this morning I asked her is she wanted me or Daddy to do her hair and she chose Mark. I was happy she did because I think Dad's doing a little girls hair is so sweet and I wanted to see it. 


We spent Christmas Eve with our friends the Lennox's. We were planning on going caroling with them and some other families in the ward but it was kind of rainy and they were going in an open trailer so we decided to skip it.  I was so tired all day since I had gotten in so late the night before.  We had a delicious dinner and then watched Joy To The World and read the Nativity.  Tara and Tom have some older girls so they drew pictures of scenes from the nativity so as Tom read it he would stop and have someone pick the picture that went with that part of the story. It was a fun way to get the kids involved.  We enjoyed visiting and then came home.



We got Jared and Lydia ready for bed and read Twas the Night Before Christmas.  We then put our last ornament on our Christ Tree (http://25daysofchrist.com) and did a gift exchange between Jared and Lydia. Mark had come up with this idea and it was very sweet. We had taken them each shopping earlier in the month and had them pick out a gift.  They were super excited. It was funny because they didn't remember what they had gotten each other so it was a surprise for them too.  Earlier in the day Lydia kept saying "I didn't get brother a gift..." but she did.



Each ornament had to do with a part of Christ's teachings/life and had scriptures and video clips and quotes to use to discuss them.  It was hard this year because we started late (because we had to paint them) but it worked out.




Then we put Jared and Lydia to bed and Lydia stayed up till at least 10:00, crazy girl. We filled stockings and went to bed.

No comments: