Saturday, January 24, 2015

Happy Birthday Lydia!



Sweet silly Lydia turned 3 yesterday! We had fun celebrating starting with balloons in her room and presents. We then headed over to **Spudnuts for donuts.  Lydia requested donuts for her birthday breakfast and when I asked if she wanted to go out to eat them or have them at home she said out.  I had been meaning to go to the shop for awhile so it worked out great. 





We tried chocolate and cinnamon.  I like the cinnamon best Jared and Lydia preferred the chocolate and did wish for some sprinkles but were happy nonetheless. 

I worked on Lydia's birthday cake while she and Jared napped and then I let them watch 2 Jake and the Neverland Pirate shows which they loved. Back in June (when we were talking about Disneyland a lot) Lydia had decided she wanted a Daisy and Minine Mouse Cake.  I really thought she would change her mind as we don't really watch those shows much and don't have a lot of (or any really) Minnie Mouse toys but she held firm. Last week she did say she wanted a Tinkerbell cake for like a day then changed her mind so Minnie it was. It was fun to make and not too hard (a common theme for any cake I make).  About half way though I got the great idea to use crushed Oreos for the mouse shape part. I really didn't want to use black frosting so was really excited when I thought of the Oreos. We had to run out to the store to get some Oreos but it worked out. (We actually went out during the 30 minutes of very light snow we got yesterday which was really nice. I love falling snow.)  The cake turned out great and Lydia was happy. She told me next year she is going to have a Hello Kitty cake. Also a fairly random choice as all she has are her Hello Kitty Slippers which she just got for Christmas and she has never seen the show (is there one?) We will see if she holds out again. 

 Adding the Polka Dots




We enjoyed our cake and did Lydia's birthday interview.  Mark filmed while I asked the questions. She certainly made him feel pretty loved! I did pretty good having the same answers as her in my mind but the Lady and the Tramp thing threw me off. I didn't expect that at all. And I don't know what a boat man is maybe a Pirate or Captain of a boat.  We recently talked to Jared about working for the Coast guard (He wants to be a Pirate) so maybe that is what she was thinking. I love these interviews.

January 23 2015
What is your favorite color? Purple
What is your favorite toy? Fairy House
What is your favorite fruit? Strawberries
What is your favorite movie? Lady and the Tramp
What do you do well? Learning my numbers
What do you like to do with Daddy? Bowling
What makes you happy?  Daddy
What is your favorite scripture story? Captain Moroni
What is your favorite song? Christmas
What is your favorite animal? My monkey, bear and tiger
What is your favorite book? Lady and the Tramp
Who is your best friend? Daddy
Where is your favorite place to go? Park
What is your favorite thine to do outside? Play in bothers hideout
What is your favorite drink? Hot Chocolate
What is your favorite holiday? Valentines
What do you like to do with Mommy? Celebrate my birthday
What is your favorite things for breakfast? Chocolate waffles
What so you want for dinner on your birthday? Meat rolls and Ham and potato soup next year beef stroganoff
What do you want to be when you grow up? Boat man

** A donut shop I never even heard of and it is originally from SLC.  Many people in town here had recommended going so we decided it was time.  It was not what I expected (not in a bad way really just different) they only have 4 flavors (well 4 yeast raised and 4 cake) and you have to pay cash so I was glad I had some on me. The store is not attractive or updated at all (not that I needed it to be) but you feel like you are walking back in time.  The donuts are super light and airy. I think I was most surprised by how few options there were.  It was kind of nice though as I take a long time to decide typically. You could also get a half dozen for 4.50 which is a pretty good price for this town. Jared and Lydia loved it. There was a group of older men eating and drinking their coffees and they all had cute things to say to Lydia and Jared.  It was fun.


No comments: