Monday, September 25, 2017

UVA

Over the summer I signed Jared and Lydia up for the Cavman Crew kids club.  This year I did it differently and signed Jared up for the All Star Crew so he and Mark could go to a football game together. He has never been to one and thought it would be fun outing for them. UVA played and beat Connecticut which was exciting.  Mark met up with the Shaw's and they had a fun time.  I asked Jared if he would want to go again and he said only if we went with friends.  I totally get that as football games are super long and they seem to stand around a lot.  Lydia and I went out for a frosty at Wendy's (her choice) and watched a movie together at home. We had a lovely time.


We also went over to UVA for a mens soccer game on Friday.  It was a Cavman crew event so they were handing out scarves and cowbells. I'm not sure we needed UVA scarves but now I at least have one item of UVA gear.  It was nice and hot so we did not need a scarf but that is besides the point. UVA was playing UNC which meant both teams were in the top 10. This was the perfect game for Jared to attend since he still loves UNC.  He wanted to wear his UNC shirt but it is still huge so we convinced him to wear his Cavman crew shirt.  There was also ice cream sundaes for All star crew members so we thought he better wear his shirt to show he really was qualified for one.  We met up with some friends and had fun watching the game and visiting.  Sadly UVA lost in extra time but it was fun to go. Friday night was also Pack meeting for Jared's future cub scout den/pack.  I got an  email about that meeting (where they were also playing soccer) but since Jared is not 8 yet I did not feel a need to attend.  Just 3 more weeks of freedom. We need to get him a shirt and book!  And I should maybe start learning more in depth about the program so I know what I am supposed to help him with.




It's hard to believe Jared's Baptism/birthday is coming up so soon. I got party invitations out last week and pretty much know what we are doing for that. The party is on the 07th and should be fun. But then last night when Mark and I were talking he mentioned inviting some people to the baptism who we don't regularly see at church so I think I will put together some kind of simple invitation for Jared to hand out.  And decide if we are having some kind of get together after and what that will entail. Jared seems to want to and I know I did growing up I just need to finalize somethings, like this week!  Mark also flies out to Romania today.  He will be back next Sunday so he is gone almost a week.  Its also conference weekend so I've got some planing to do or really just some printing of activities, nothing elaborate but something.  It will be weird to not watch conference with Mark. I went to the women's session with a friend Saturday and really enjoyed the talks.  Our stake organized a special musical program before the broadcast and it was really nice. I love special musical programs. I also got a new calling at church so I want to try to attend more "extra or special" meetings I can because I am now serving in the nursery and won't be attending classes. I am pretty happy about this calling.  This week was my one year mark for teaching gospel doctrine and I was ready to be done.  I was ready for a low prep Sunday calling.  The other sister in there is really awesome so I am looking forward to chatting with her some when we can. What I like about this calling too is that even though it is a relatively easy calling I really feel like I am helping out.  I was talking to Julie (Shaw) who is now the Primary President and she mentioned how hard it is to find people wiling to serve in nursery which I totally understand (both sides). It is hard.  I feel like I am in a good place right now with Jared and Lydia in school all day I have time to myself to do what I want. I don't necessarily need to be in RS to visit and be among adults which at other times in my life I did.  But with this calling I am still really contributing to the ward. Its a win win for me. I was all ready on Sunday and then we ended up only having 1 hour of church.  Our ward currently meets at 1:30 and during the previous wards block the sewage system got completely backed up.  So that ward canceled their 3rd hour meetings and we just had Sacrament meeting. When I pulled into the parking lot a lot of cars were leaving which I thought was weird since they still had 40 minutes of church.  I sat down in the chapel and Mark came over to say hi and mentioned church just being an hour. I had no idea.  It was kind of funny.  Next week is conference but then I will be ready!

No comments: