Sunday, November 12, 2017

Marmee in Cville

It was nice that my Mom could stay in town as long as she did and have a nice Viriginia Fall. She ended up getting a nasty cold in the middle of her stay but since she was here as long as she was it rocked out just fine.  We did a few things around here we hadn't done before and Mark and I got a night way and chance to go to the temple together.  It was lovely.

UVA Band Practice.  My mom grew up in Texas where band and football games are huge events so I knew she would appreciate watching the Cavalier Marching Band. Its always a fun event.



We all love Duck Donuts.


My mom offered Mark and I a chance to head up to the temple together and stay over while she was here.  Unfortunately the only weekend that worked happened to be the weekend of Jared and Lydia's last soccer game of the Season.  They were both good sports about it though.  Mark and I left early in the afternoon Friday and got stuck in horrible traffic on our way. It too us a solid 3 hours to get to the temple.  Oh well.  We did sealings together and then went out to eat.  It was great to have a chance to go together and then have a very leisurely morning at a hotel.  We decided to stay in Manassas because it would be an easy drive for my Mom to make the next day.  There are not a lot of sights to see in Manassas so we enjoyed sleeping in, working out at the hotel gym (something I always think I should do then don't) and not rushing anywhere.  We stayed until just before check out something we never do. We are always rushing to the next thing whenever we stay away and October had been really busy so it was great to just relax and watch TV together!  While we were at the temple my mom took Jared and Lydia to Toys R Us to make a Christmas list and had a movie night with them.  After soccer the next day my Mom drove up to Manassas. She got lost for awhile but eventually we were able to meet up for lunch at Cracker Barrel.  After lunch we went over to Bull Run/Manassas Battlefield, the other reason we chose to stay there.  My Mom wanted to see a battlefield. She likes to get a little history in when she comes out here and I don't blame here! After the summer events in Charlottesville it was odd to be at a battlefield.  Jared was excited to be there, he really enjoys history and it was a good place to talk about the summer events again and lots of other things. 

I'm so glad my Mom was able/willing to fill in for us at the last soccer game. 

Lydia getting her massive trophy from Coach Trent.

Official team picture. The Wild Coyotes


Official team picture: Super Warrior Heros (I think)


Jared and Coach Chris

This boy loves recognition and was thrilled to receive a trophy for soccer this year. 

I love this picture of Jared and Tyler so very much.  They were so happy to be there playing together. We are so glad the Shaw's moved Tyler to JAG soccer.  It was so great.

This monument at Manassas was constructed by soldiers who fought in the battle/war.  They wanted to pay respect to all who died there on both sides.  A good reason for a monument.





Were always up for a stop at Moo Thru. I branched out from sweet cream and blackberry for the first time in forever and got cinnamon and it was the right choice. 


 Three generations in Plaid. 

We are so so grateful and happy my Mom came and stayed and played with us and look forward to her coming again. 

No comments: