Monday, January 1, 2018

Organization

I love some good organizing time.  For years now I have wanted to buy large storage tubs to keep all my holiday decor in.  I always think about it then don't think I should spend the money on storage tubs when the boxes they have been in work perfectly well.  That being said, this year I just did it.  I went to the store and carefully selected storage containers and came home and made a huge mess.  I have been storing all my seasonal decor in Lydia's room since she has 2 closest in there and really only needs one.  Then it was easily accessible.  For some reason though I really got this bug to want to use my attic for storage, you know what its there for.  I have been wary of it because it gets so humid here but we are going to try it out.  I took everything out of the boxes and reorganized it into tubs and then moved it into the attic.  We also took down our Christmas decorations and put them into the attic too.  Our house looks so bare now yet also beautifully organized.  For Christmas my Mom got me some really cute winter decor for January and I loved putting it out.  After taking care of the upstairs I made Mark go down to our storage room in the basement with me.  It has been a dumping ground for months and was driving me crazy!  I hated to go in there.  So we made another huge mess and now it looks beautiful. We made a quick trip to Goodwill and got it all done in one day.  It was lovely.  Saturday night I planned out all my preschool lessons and activities for the month of January and now just have to prepare it all. Today I organized our linen closet upstairs.  2018 is starting off on a great foot: quality family time, organizing time, good preschool time and my cold feels way better today than it did on Saturday so that is improvement.  Heres to 2018 and good use of time!

From this




To this:



No comments: