Tuesday, August 28, 2018

Ice Activities and Science Experiments Day summer fun list continued


What a fun Summer we had!  We managed to check off almost all of the items on our list.  We tried to star gaze one night when there was supposed to be a meteor shower but it was too rainy/cloudy and I am sure we will have a campfire when cooler weather comes.  Its funny that New York was one of the closest places to visit on on our list and we never made it there. Technically we did go to both airports in NY several times but we wont count that.  I hope we can go one day in the Fall before our airport days are over because NYC in the Fall sounds magical.

Our ice activities and science experiment days turned out really well.  I am sure they will make the list again.

Ice Activities

Ice cube boat races


This was Jared's Quidditch boat

Painting ice with salt and watercolors



Fizzy, ice cube sidewalk paint


Science Fun


LEGO volcanoes





Magic Milk



Skittles Magic

 


LEGO race cars



Citrus Eruptions

Mentos and Diet Coke



Elephants toothpaste



 Removing the M from an M&M and the S from a Skittle



These activities were easy to put together.  Thanks to teaching preschool I already had 98% of the supplies on hand.  We made sure to talk about all the science behind the activities too but mostly they were just fun to do together.

No comments: