My first week of work went really well. I got completely lost tying to find my parking garage on the way in and then completely lost again trying to walk back to it after work. In the morning I called my supervisor after driving up and down the same street looking for the garage and she gave me some tips and then offered to come pick me up and drive me to the building. Those are the kind of people I am working with. So thoughtful. Its about a 12 - 15 minute walk from my parking garage (I am on the years long waiting list for a spot closer to it) to my building. It depends on how fast I feel like walking. I had asked Jen my supervisor for directions to the garage after work and then I got all turned around. What should have been an easy walk took me over 35 minutes. The good thing is that I was able to figure it out myself only asking one random stranger for help. Now that I have done it consecutive days I laugh at myself because it is so easy. I don't really mind the walk it makes me feel like I am back in school myself and is good for me. I haven't quite figured out how to fit running into my new schedule on weekdays so at least I am doing something. I am not sure how I will feel about it in the middle of winter but I think I will love it this Fall. My supervisor has offered to pick me up from the garage in the morning on days she can which is super nice.
I wish the counter was a little lower. Its hard to see over my screens and the counter. I'm going to bring in some pictures for that back bulletin board. Using 2 screens the first day was so confusing. One week later I love it. I loved walking in and seeing my name plate on the first day.







No comments:
Post a Comment