Thursday, February 14, 2019

Great To Be 8



A few Sundays ago Mark told me that Great To Be 8 was happening last Sunday (February 10th).  He was in charge of conducting and giving a little talk at the program.  Because Lydia's birthday is in January we thought it would be better for her to attend this year.  I asked the Primary President if we could crash this years program since it would allow Lydia more time to think and apply what was discussed if we attended this year.  She was of course okay with it so off we went.

 Quite a few people were confused as to why we were there but once I explained it they also realized that it made more sense.  If we waited till next January she would only have like 2 weeks before she got baptized.  As we got in the car to drive to the church it suddenly hit me, how grown up she is becoming.  With Jared it just seemed normal but with Lydia it is making her seem so old.  It could be because she is the youngest, my last one to be baptized but when there are only 2 kids that feeling doesn't normally come to me but it sure did this time.  She is so excited to get baptized!  She was in charge of our FHE lesson 2 weeks ago and did her lesson on Baptism.  She has been having some really special experiences lately and great conversations with Mark about spiritual things and I am really excited for her.

They gave all the kids a soft fuzzy blanket to remind them of the comfort the Holy Ghost gives and she loves it.  We got her her own set of scriptures last month for her to use with Come Follow Me and she has loved having them. I am sure she will be ready next January.  I'll try to be too.

No comments: