Saturday, November 30, 2019

Birthday recap

It was a fun birthday weekend.  Mark and I went out Friday night to see "Peter and the Star Catchers" at Albemarle High School.  It was a fun play and they did a nice job.  We tried to get Peppermint Chocolate Chip Milkshakes at Chick Fill-A on the way home but when we got to the register they told us their ice cream machine was broken.  That was super disappointing.  We stopped at the grocery store to buy all the ingredients to make one at home but waited until Sunday to do so.

For my actual birthday we spent the day in Harrisonburg.  We stopped for lunch, but ate breakfast at Cracker Barrel, made a quick stop at Hobby Lobby and then went roller skating.  It was a great way to spend my birthday.  I always thoroughly enjoy roller skating.  It makes me feel young and cool. Mark left from the roller skating rink to go to a leadership meeting for Stake Conference but skipped the adult session to come home and make me dinner (brazilian black beans and rice) which was nice.  He also ordered some red velvet cake pops for me from a friend who bakes really well and they were delicious.  I hope to perfect the art of cake pop making one day.

 

One day they will be able to skate without these walkers.  They made a lot of progress by the end of the 2 hours. I am actually thing about making "teach Jared and Lydia how to roller skate" one of my goals for the new youth program.  There is a place we can go for free in town every Friday so that is where we will be this winter. I haven't ever gone and have heard mixed reviews but need to put my snobbish skating views away. They just need more consistent time skating. 

No comments: