Monday, February 24, 2020

Valentines

We had fun celebrating Valentines Day.  I love our holiday traditions. We made valentines and mailboxes for school, went on a Hershey kiss hunt, made and ate heart shaped food and I gave Jared and Lydia some special mail a few times in the 2 weeks leading up the the 14th.  

Whales and a Narwhal.  
I was not very excited when Lydia said she wanted to make a narwhal box but it turned out great. 


It took him a really long time to find the Hershey Kiss here which was great because when we started the hunt he was very confident he would find them right away. She stared at this bookshelf for a good while before she found the Kiss.  (Its on the second shelf by the olive tree carving) She had pink kisses and he had red. 


Strawberry Fanta float and heart shaped pizza.  




For my co-workers and Lydia and Jared's teachers at school I made homemade strawberry jam and miniature loaves of bread. We wrote cute puns about those people being our "jam", it was fun. I wanted to do something different and think it worked great. 


The youth in our ward decided to do some service for ward members by offering to babysit kids from 6:00 - 8:00 Friday night.  It was a really nice thought and seemed to go really well. Mark sort of felt like he should stay at the church to offer support so we stayed there until about 7:00 and then hung out together at home, planning future dates until we picked Jared and Lydia up at 8:00. I think it was really nice of the youth and their leaders to set this up.  I think it would go over a little better if they did not do it on Valentines Day so then those leaders could go out as well. 

No comments: