Sunday, September 21, 2008

Camping at Big Bend Colorado



I love to go camping. Not serious, go for three days, pack your stuff in camping but driving in and setting up a camp and staying overnight camping where there is a bathroom nearby it doesn't have to have running water but 4 walls is a plus. So we drove up to Big Bend, Colorado Friday after school and spent the night. It was great. The drive up was beautiful we were about 1 week early to really see the change in the leaves but we decided that we will just go on a drive for the next 2 weeks so we can see the progression, that really should not surprise anyone and expect to see LOTS of pictures. I love love love the fall. Our campground was really clean and right by a river. There were hardly any other people camping there and it was nice and quiet. It was great to see so many stars and hear the river flowing behind us. We had a campfire (whats the point of going camping if you can't have a campfire?), and Mark made these great tin-foil dinners, we had hot chocolate and popcorn and Smore's not your traditional graham cracker, marshmallow chocolate bar Smore's but marshmallows in between chocolate covered peanut-butter filled cookies Smore's they are so good and so much easier. It was such a fun night! It was really really cold but still well worth it. The next morning we went on a short nature walk and then drove up the canyon to check other campsites and to see amazing leaves. It was so nice to get away and see part of Colorado especially since it is known for having great outdoor places to go , I agree it does!



Our Campsite



Our Tin-Foil Dinners that turned out great. Mark did such a good job



Aprillee with her hot chocolate the next morning, it was really really cold!



On our "nature walk" it was fun to be right by the river. Every time I saw someone fly fishing I thought of my dad and Susanna and Ryan. We could all have so much fun! (Not that I would fish much but I would definitely go camping!



I love the fall! Seeing the leaves change is so nice, look for many many more pictures to come.

2 comments:

Melissa Hall said...

I love the fall too! I think that is because we are both November babies :)

veryterry said...

How fun you went camping! We went 2 weeks ago too with Ryan's sister Aimee and It was cold! It would be very fun to go camping with you sometime..maybe next summer. Love ya!