Friday, November 28, 2008

Is the turkey upside down?

We had a nice Thanksgiving here in Colorado. This was only the second Thanksgiving that I did not go home to California for. (minus the 2 in Egypt, so I guess I should say since I have been living in the United States but that sounds weird) Our friends the Lyman's (Brett and Lori) were kind enough to invite us over. We had all the traditional foods and then played lots of games. I made tons of rolls and a huge green salad, unfortunately with all the other good food to eat the salad was over looked so it looks like we are going to be having a lot of taco salad this week. Mark and Brett were in charge of carving up the turkey. Which leads into the title of this post.

Mark and I got to the Lyman's and walked into the kitchen to drop of our stuff and Lori asked Mark if he knew how to carve a turkey. Mark was more than willing to help out and went over to Brett who looked really confused. He said that the last time he carved a turkey there was a lot more meat on it so he asked Lori if the turkey was upside down. She said that she didn't think so so they kept trying to find some meat with little success. After a few fruitless minutes Mark suggested that they turn the turkey over just in case it was upside down. Low and behold, there was the meat!! Brett looked much more confident and he and Mark finished carving the turkey and it was delicious. So my purpose in posting this was to give you the hint that if your turkey seems to have very little meat try flipping it over there is no meat on a turkey's back!





Ta-Da!

2 comments:

veryterry said...

It would be fun to have a video of this moment and hear everybody collaborating, "What's wrong with this turkey?!" Fortunately, sensible Mark got them to turn it over, huh? Good times.

Lydia said...

At least the turkey turned out okay! No bags of gizzards and such left inside! Who would do something like that?