This year I am really looking forward to : (in no particular order)
1. The beautiful colors
2. Going camping
3. Carving pumpkins
4. Going to harvest festivals/corn mazes/pumpkin patches
5. Buying school supplies
6. Knowing that the holiday season is about to begin in full swing.
7. Sweater and jeans weather, you don't need a coat just a cute sweater.
8. Seeing Autumn Decorations everywhere
9. Just the feel in the air with the change from summer to fall
AND
10. Having our first baby October 16th!!
That's right! We are going to have a baby this fall. We are so incredibly excited (well and I am still paranoid but feeling less so each week).
This ultrasound was taken March 16th at 9 weeks. And this is me a few weeks before then.
I am now 14 weeks and just got back from the doctor today for my second appointment. I got to hear the heartbeat again which put my mind at rest, there is still a living baby inside of me. I cannot explain the relief I felt today hearing the heartbeat. There hasn't been anything in particular that has made me think I had miscarried thus far I am just super paranoid since I did miscarry in 2007. When I got back from the appointment I was telling Mark about it and we decided we would go ahead and let it be known because it is such good news and we are so excited! We had originally decided that we would wait until we knew what we were having but are just too excited. But still, if you need someone to keep a secret for you you can totally count on me, 10 weeks is along time to wait to tell really good news. We didn't even tell our families until we were 12 weeks along.It appears that I have had a very mild pregnancy so far for which I am really grateful. From what I can gather my first trimester went really well. I never had to throw up! I felt nauseous on and off throughout the day, tired, and a little lightheaded but those were my main symptoms. For awhile there I really had a hard time eating, my appetite was totally gone because everything sounded disgusting and then smells started to really get to me. I am still super sensitive to strong smells but my appetite is better. Whenever there was a day that I didn't feel many symptoms I always worried and have been really grateful (I know it sounds weird) for days when I did feel sick. I didn't miss any work and think that working full time probably helped me because I had to go to work. I was pretty tired after school each day but it has worked out fine.
I am really looking forward to every appointment that will confirm that we are still pregnant. Last time when I went to the doctor she told me that since I had made it that far there was only a 2% chance of having a miscarriage. I really really hope that I am not in that 2%.
14 weeks! So not too much has changed...pretty much all of my clothes still fit fine but I am excited to have a little baby belly soon!
Today I scheduled my ultrasound appointment to find out what we are having. We have so many things to look forward to this May! May is when we should find out where Mark will be working (inshallah) this coming fall so therefore if we are moving away from Greeley or not, and on May 26th we find out if Jared Hyrum or Lydia Grace will be joining us in October.
For as long as I can remember I have always said that I personally wanted to try really hard to not have any kids between November 20th and January 15th. There is just so much going on with my birthday and Thanksgiving and Christmas and New Years it just seems like it would be easier at a different time, you gotta spread out those family gatherings and presents. So it appears that this baby is a good listener and 16 is my favorite number and October is my favorite month so that is fun too, although I am sure that I would be okay with it coming before the 16th! The other fun thing about this pregnancy is that my sister Susanna who is just 14 months older than me is also pregnant and she is due September 24th! So we are only like three weeks apart. Although her first baby came like 2 weeks early.
For as long as I can remember I have always said that I personally wanted to try really hard to not have any kids between November 20th and January 15th. There is just so much going on with my birthday and Thanksgiving and Christmas and New Years it just seems like it would be easier at a different time, you gotta spread out those family gatherings and presents. So it appears that this baby is a good listener and 16 is my favorite number and October is my favorite month so that is fun too, although I am sure that I would be okay with it coming before the 16th! The other fun thing about this pregnancy is that my sister Susanna who is just 14 months older than me is also pregnant and she is due September 24th! So we are only like three weeks apart. Although her first baby came like 2 weeks early.
Anyway, in summary, we are so excited that we are having a baby this fall! Again,
I LOVE LOVE LOVE THE FALL!!









13 comments:
I knew it when I saw your status on facebook! Congratulations!!! I am SO EXCITED! YEA! Okay, I'll stop using caps but I really am just overwhelmingly happy for you! To tears... silly emotions! I love your name choices too. Oh congrats again!
Aprillee! I am SO happy for you guys! I am just so so so happy! I wish I could give you a huge huge hug!! October will be a beautiful time to have a beautiful little Spencer baby! Congrats a million times
Congratulations! Mabruk! Felicitaciones! In whatever languauge, that's great news!! I can't wait to see you guys in person. I'm going to try and swing down to Greeley this summer. Or I could wait and see where Mark is working in the Fall. Idaho, inshallah! Love you two and btw, great girl name. You know what I'm rooting for!!
YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!! I am so excited for you two! That is such great news. I'm glad you had an easy first trimester and that everything is healthy and great so far. Good luck!
Hurray! That is the best news and we are all so excited for your next trip when we can meet the littlest Spencer. It is so fun to be pregnant with your sister and have cousins the same age. Congrats! It couldn't have happened to two better people! Ra
In no particular order?! ha-ha...we all know your number 10 on that list is really your number one. I remember being so excited for my belly to start showing with Lisa. With this one I really can't wait until the baby starts moving! I feel little flutters sometimes or funny pressure, but not the real stuff yet. My ultrasound is May 5th so you will definitely be getting a call that day to tell you if we will be having a William or a Lyra. Sorry we missed your call yesterday, by the way. I'm sure we'll talk soon. Love you! And hooray for baby blog posts!
How exciting!! We are so happy for you two. Babies are so much fun. I am glad you are doing well. I will be watching your blog anxiously waiting to find out if it is a boy or a girl. Good Luck!
I'm so happy for you!!!!! And I'm so glad you're not too sick! I can't wait to hear what it is!
Congrats you guys. That is the most exciting news you could share. I hope everything goes well for you. I bet your baby will be adorable. It will be fun for your baby to have Sus's baby to play with. We are so excited for you!!!
So you were pregnant when we were last talking about the subject!? :-) LOL. You are a good secret keeper! That is so exciting!! You'll be a great mom! Be sure to let us know what you are having! Hopefully i'll catch up with you soon! We are planning on doing invitro in August! Yahoo!
This is honestly the best news ever. Please let me know if you need anything. Seth and I are are so happy for you. I can't wait for this little fall bundle of joy to come.
Oh April and Mark that is so exciting! I am so happy for you guys. You guys are going to be the best parents ever. I love the names you picked out too. If I ever have a girl her middle name is also going to be Grace. Love it! I'm glad you didn't have that bad of morning sickness.
Congratulations! That's so fun! Don't worry about not showing yet--I didn't show with our first until I was like 26 weeks along.
I'm 14 weeks now (due Oct. 27) and look like I'm about 26 weeks along.
Yay for babies! I'm so excited for you guys!
Post a Comment