The day before we went over to "America the Beautiful" park which is a really pretty park here in Colorado Springs. It is in such a nice setting and has the coolest fountain. The water comes down from the top and the whole fountain rotates. Its so cool! Jared had a good time splashing in the water.


Every year I love seeing the creative desserts that are in the magazines by the checkout stand. So this year I decided to make a fun 4th of July dessert. I got some mini angel food cakes and some blueberries, strawberries and raspberries and combined it with some cool whip.
Simple, festive and delicious.
While Mark's Mom was here we also redid our backyard! Before it was just grass (mostly weeds) so we spruced it up. Sue bought us a weed whacker (its really too small to warrant a lawn mower) and some pretty flowers and hanging baskets. We moved the BBQ over to the other side of the grass and moved some rocks over to put underneath the drain pipe. There was bark there and every time there was a big thunderstorm it washed the bark away. Here is the new and improved backyard.
Before
This is where the BBQ was. We moved the red stones over and put rocks on the sides.
Our little flower bed. Its so nice to look out into the yard and see some color.
Thanks again Sue!
Speaking of thunderstorms. There was an amazing storm here the night of the 4th. Lots of thunder, lightning and big pieces of hail. It was super windy and rainy. I love a good storm. Mark and I had planned on going over to the Air Force Academy for their firework show but skipped it because of the weather. I am not even sure if they still had the show because it was a crazy storm. Fortunately, we got to watch the fireworks from the Sky Sox baseball game on the 3rd. We could see them perfectly from our bedroom. I am glad that we got to see some fireworks. We enjoyed them just after finishing our traditional root beer floats.
Thanks again Sue!












1 comment:
I miss you guys. Love the picture of Jared and his meat. So happy for you to have a new home!
Post a Comment