Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Back to work... kind of

Today was my first day "back to work" since we moved to Colorado Springs in 2009. A few months ago I signed up on this website: to provide childcare.  It has you create a profile and then sends you daily emails about available jobs that fit your criteria.  Last week a woman contacted me about watching her 7 month old son 2 days week.  We met last Thursday and she offered me the job the same day.  I watch her little boy from 7:00 until 5:00 Tuesdays and Thursdays.  I love being at home with Jared and really don't want to teach full time again but we have not been able to save any money at all since we moved into our town home.  I have had a few other options but I have been waiting for the perfect job that I could do at our home, part time and it finally came.
I was a little bit nervous last night as I thought about watching 2 kids but today went really well. It gives me hope that having 2 kids won't be so hard, it won't be so easy either but I know I can do it when the time comes, it will be good practice. I am so thankful that I got this job.  It will be SO nice to save some money and not have to use our credit cards at all.  In case you weren't sure, prayers really are answered.

4 comments:

veryterry said...

yay! that is so great. glad you found something that works.

Unknown said...

That is awesome! I'm so happy! I hope you really enjoy that. You're so creative that you'll be great in child care and how perfect to get to do it at home!

Candie said...

When it comes to having multiple children, I've got it figured like this: you have one that is at least 9 months old and then you get to start with a newborn again for #2. They don't need a whole lot and you can EASE into having multiple kids. When you do child care it is a sudden change with closer age range. If you can do this, you can certainly adjust to having another one. But don't take my word for it - I've still got one myself :)

Sounds like fun. Great job!

Michele said...

Thats great April. I babysit a one year old right now. It is the perfect job to bring in a little extra money and still be able to stay home with your own kids.