Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Easiest painting activity ever

All you need is a paintbrush, container of water and the great outdoors. Jared really loves to paint and he really loves to be outside so today we combined the two for a super easy and fun activity. He loved it and I don't see how any kid or parent could not.  It is the fastest cleanest way to paint.











 He learned this trick from his Dad.  Last week they were painting and Jared put the brush in his mouth so Mark did it too and showed him how to paint that way.  I was really surprised when he did it today.


Whenever we go outside Jared loves to run up and down this part of the sidewalk because it is slightly sloped.  He just finished his run here. We are always outside with him and he does an excellent job staying on the grass or sidewalk.  All we have to say is "Grass or sidewalk" and he looks down to make sure he is where he should be.




He also absolutely loves jumping.  He does it all the time, inside, outisde, in the store, in bed, at church. Anywhere, Anytime. When we are inside he will go to the bottom step of the staircase and look at us to count down from 5 for him then he jumps off on blast off!  Sometimes he jumps before we even start counting.  When we go outside he loves to go to the set of townhomes next to ours because they all have steps leading to their porch and he loves to jump off of it which is what he just finished doing in the above picture. He looks so pleased with himself.  He is just so adorable and I love this kid to pieces.  I find myself constanly thinking: He is sooo cute! Mark and I talk about it ALL the time. And he is so big now! 

2 comments:

veryterry said...

He looks SO grown up! That is a great painting idea. I will have to try it with the girls. love you.
p.s. today we had a wonderfully spontaneous thunder and hail storm and it made me think of you and smile. :)

Rebecca said...

He is so cute! I love the hat. I can't believe how big he looks.