We hope everybody had a wonderful Christmas. Ours was very nice, I always find myself feeling sad after we open presents. It means Christmas is over for a whole year. It seems like I end up being really grumpy for an hour or two after and who wants to be grumpy on Christmas day? Maybe I just need to plan on some alone time after we finish opening them to sort of accept that my favorite time of year, not just Christmas but September-December is over. Now its just cold and the upcoming holidays just aren't as exciting. Writing this down makes me realize that this is not a new thing. I am pretty sure I have been like this for at least the last 12 -15 years. It's weird to feel so sad on such a happy day.
Fortunately I did get over my grumpiness and was a more fun person to be around. We had an amazing dinner last night together as a family then read the Christmas story. Today we went to church, ate the traditional Orange rolls, opened presents and then went to some friends house for another great meal. Here are some pictures of our festivities.
Christmas Eve Dinner
Peppercorn Pork Tenderloin, mashed potatos, stuffing, applesauce and rolls.
My mom wrapped the packages she sent Jared in CARS wrapping paper. He loved it. For awhile I thought he liked the paper more then the presents. She got him some fun train sets. When I went upstairs to get him after his nap he said "Hi! Trains?" It was cute.
My Mom and Mark got me a great Christmas present. I found these vinyl letters online that spell the word HOME. The cool part is that the O is different picture for each month. I love them! I love having decorations out for each month. My Mom got me the letters and Mark made the blocks for me. When I found them online I thought they came with the blocks but such was not the case. I went to all the craft stores in town and called two wood stores and nobody sold them in the size I needed. I emailed the lady who sells them and she told me that she got a fence post at Home Depot and had them cut it but the Lowes and the Home Depot here said they couldn't cut it into blocks that small. So Mark borrowed a saw from a friend and then borrowed a sander. We don't do many Do It Yourself projects around here so we don't have these things. Anyway, they turned out great. I can't wait to change out the O each month.
October
November
December
So minus the annual sadness that this time of year is over we had a very nice Christmas and hope you all did too.






No comments:
Post a Comment