Sunday, January 29, 2012

Tiny and Cute

That's what Jared says when you ask him about his little sister. And she is.


12:37 p.m., Monday January 23, 2012.
7.2 pounds, 19 3/4 inches


We went to the hospital to check in on Monday at 10:00 and 2 hours and 37 minutes later Lydia was here! When I had to have my (unplanned) C Section with Jared the 2 hours after the procedure when I was in the recovery room were the worst. This time the actual procedure was worse.  The anesthesiologist had to inject the medicine three times and it was so sharp! Then they laid me down and I suddenly had the most intense headache I have ever had in my life, so much pounding. Then I immediately felt like I was going to throw up again and again and again.  It was awful.  But then she was here and healthy and we are so glad. They moved me into the recovery room and brought Lydia in a little bit later so I got to see her much sooner then I got to see Jared. So really I guess it was sort of a draw not worse or better then last time.  Either way I got two super cute kids out of it and I am so grateful. I had really great nurses this time and that was really nice.  I think my recovery is going fairly well. I don't feel great but I do feel better then I did at this point after Jared.  I have to take it really slow and it is so hard to just sit still and not do things I normally do.  The stairs are the worst part.  I really have to think about what I am going up to get and make sure I get it all so I do not have to make mulitiple trips. My mom was a huge help and tomorrow Mark's Mom gets here so that will be great.



Our little cupcake with a cherry on top! 

Marmee and Lydia



We got home from the hospital Thursday morning. My Mom had been staying with Jared and it was so fun to walk in and see Jared so happy to see us all.  He ran up and gave me the biggest hug. He had come to the hospital each day but seemed so relieved that we were all together again at home. He has been super sweet with Lydia and its really fun to hear him talk about her.  Obviously it hasn't been very long but it has been nice to see him so sweet with her and undisturbed by her.  We gave him a little Elmo doll as a gift from Lydia and then a Lightning McQueen car from us.  He carries the Elmo doll around everywhere.  He loves to take his blanket and wrap Elmo up like we wrap up Lydia. Anytime Lydia makes some sound he says "baby, noise!" not like he is mad but very matter of fact. I think he will be a great big brother.

We took Lydia to the pediatrician on Friday and she got a great report.  When we left the hospital she weighed 6.14 pounds and when they weighed her she was 7 pounds and measured 20 5/8 inches. I think they stretched her out a bit more then the hospital because that would be so amazing growth! One week in she seems fairly predictable or like a "textbook baby" which is such a relief. I sincerely hope she stays that way but time will tell.  She does seem to be super sleepy which is hard for me when I am trying to nurse her. She falls asleep so quickly but thankfully she took to it right away now I just have to keep her awake.

We did a little photo shoot today and got some cute pictures.  She is just a little sweetheart and we love her to pieces!




5 comments:

Rebecca said...

Yay! I've been waiting all week for pictures. She's so beautiful. I'm glad you're all home and well

Lori said...

She's beautiful! Congrats!

Linda said...

Aw.... she's precious! Makes me excited to have a girl! Glad she is healthy and that you are doing pretty good too. Sorry about the headaches during the c-section! ouch!

Joni Riley said...

Oh my, I love the little cupcake! Kate wants the Oscar shirt!

Candie said...

My 2nd c-section was worse than the first but recovery seemed much easier. Note for next time, I learned that nausea during the proceedure is due to lack of fluids! I had that problem when Marlie was born and voiced my concern this time. They said that if you are properly hydrated it won't be a problem and they pumped me full of fluids before the sugery. It worked!
So glad to hear that Jared is enjoying life. That makes the change so much easier. Enjoy her!!!