"There is no way to be a perfect mother and a million ways to be a good one"
Jill Churchill
I am so very blessed to have these two cute, happy, healthy kids and to GET to stay at home with them. I am also so very blessed to have an incredibly generous and loving mother of my own.
As much as I enjoy being a mom I sometimes have a hard time being at home all the time. I just feel unproductive. I have a major need to be busy and productive so when I wake up in the morning and don't have any set plans except little things like feeding kids and playing with them (still important I know) I get a little anxious. I have never been very good at just being at home having a "pajama day". I will never question the importance of staying home with my kids and the blessing that it is to be able to do so, I just like to be out and doing things with my kids. Just simple things like walks and trips to the park. I know as Lydia gets a little bit older and can stay awake longer we will go out and do these little things again and that will help me. I just love structure not empty time. No matter what, I know that being Jared and Lydia's mom is the most important job I will ever have and am so grateful for the opportunity to raise them and learn from them.
One of my biggest hopes is that Jared and Lydia will be the best of friends. Of course they will have up and down times but I hope they can build a strong relationship. So far we are off to a strong start. Jared is so sweet with Lydia. He loves to hold her and "play" with her. Often as she is laying down or playing in her bouncer he will go over and say "I keep company" or "I share my blanket with her". It's fun to see. I love to put little headbands on Lydia and they occasionally fall in her eyes and Jared is always quick to go over and move it out of her eyes. I am glad he is looking out for her. I also hope that I can build a strong loving relationsihp with each of them. I want my kids to be want to be around me and to trust me. I think if I can achieve that it will be one of my greatest accomplishments.
"God could not be everywhere and therefore he made Mothers,"
old Jewish Proverb






1 comment:
You are a great example to Jared and Lydia of a wonderful mother. You have taught Jared how to love his sister. The pictures of them playing together are pricesless.
Claudia Lewis
Post a Comment