Thursday, September 27, 2012

All Aboard!

Jared has really been into trains lately.  Awhile back some friends of ours mentioned there was a train ride at Cripple Creek.  We decided we would wait to go ride it until the fall.  That way I could get my fall colors fix and Jared could ride a real train.  (I am not sure if he counts the ride we took on TRAX in Utah as his first train ride this one was  a bit more authentic) He of course loved it and you already saw the pictures of what I loved. The day before we went up we told Jared what we were planning on doing the next day and so when he got up that morning he came into our room and said: " Mom, it's going to be a great day!" It was super cute. And here is the super cute boy loving his train ride.


 
We explored the "depot" a little bit before our ride.
 
 
Our train engineer told all kinds of fun stories about Cripple Creek. It was fun to learn about the town. It was your typical mining town with more saloons then anything else.  It was at one time the third largest city in Colorado which seems crazy seeing it now but makes total sense as well.
 

"It's Thomas!" Jared was convinced this was Thomas and kept asking why we weren't riding him.



I ♥ these three
 

No comments: