4 days ago
Saturday, October 6, 2012
The closet
For the last little while Jared has been afraid to go into our downstairs closet where we keep our shoes and coats. You wouldn't know it based on this picture. He kept saying that there were bad dreams in there so he couldn't go get his shoes etc. I kept trying to get him to elaborate what the dreams were to no avail. Then last week he walked by the closet making sure it was firmly shut and said:
J: "I close door so no bad dreams get me."
Me: "There are no bad dreams in there, what do you think is in there?"
J:"Bad dream where I get stuck in there."
Aha. So apparently he has had nightmares about getting stuck in this closet. All of our other closets are fine. We talk about it every now and then to try to reassure him that we won't let him get stuck in there but he is not convinced. Poor kid. It is nice to know what he is talking about now. We have been lucky and Jared does not have nightmares very often at all. they are so sad when he does. I wonder if they are all mostly about this closet. Anytime I don't get it closed all the way he walks over and says: "No bad dreams get me." At least it is an easy fix.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






No comments:
Post a Comment