Thursday, February 21, 2013

Jared goes to the Dentist

 
 
*Hats off to Mark for taking these pictures without me even asking him too.  After they left I totally thought "I wish I sent the camera with Mark."

Jared had his first trip to the dentist yesterday.  I think most people probably take their kids when they are younger but we just kept not scheduling it.  Mark thinks taking kids to the Dentist when they are really young is sort of silly since they are all baby teeth and are most likely all going to fall out . I am sure any dental people reading this are possibly dying right now.  I planned on taking him when he turned 3 but time just skipped by.  Thankfully he went yesterday and was perfect.  And so were his teeth.  A little tartar build up but no cavities. We watched a video on YouTube about what would happen when he got there which I think helped so he could see what to expect. Mark said he sat right down and did what he was asked.  He loved wearing the glasses and picking his prize. When he got home he was so very excited to show me his new toothbrush, a Lightning McQueen one no less. CARS has really been making come back in our house for which I am thrilled. I love listening to him have his CARS interact with each other and hear what he has them do. He told me the other day when he gets new underwear again he is going to choose CARS underwear instead of Thomas ones. Sounds good little buddy.

I am so happy that he wasn't fazed by the Dentist and it was a positive experience.  He's such a nice little boy.

1 comment:

veryterry said...

Good job, Jared! The title to your post sounds like a great idea for a children's book. Seriously a little jealous of his positive reaction to the dentist. I took Lyra for the first time 4 months ago and she would have no part of it. Maybe we should try a video. And maybe Ryan should take her. :) Lisa, on the other hand, begs to go to the dentist. lol