Thursday, October 31, 2013

Halloween!

We have had a lot of Halloween fun the last 2 weeks. We experimented with popping pumpkins and bubbling ghosts, made pumpkin spice silly putty, decorated a graham cracker haunted house, made fun art projects and carved pumpkins. Not to mention trick or treating and dressing up. It's been a lot of fun. I am looking forward to November where we can focus on being grateful for all that we have.

Here are our Halloween activities in pictures:



Baking soda and vinegar with a Halloween twist. 



Our haunted house didn't turn out too spooky. 



I love holiday projects! Lydia's are on top and Jared's are on bottom. 
I loved the mummy and candy corn:


2013 Pumpkins

I cleaned and carved my pumpkin in like 35 minutes. I was thrilled. I used to pick such elaborate designs it took me hours to finish it. They are fun to do but way too time consuming with little kids around. I have decided that candy corn is one of my favorite things to decorate with. I don't like how it tastes at all but it is really fun for decorating and learning activities.  Both Jared and Lydia were surprisingly okay with the pumpkin goop. Lydia just jumped right in and tried to get the stuff out. It was her first time touching it.



Trick-or-Treat!




We went to our wards Trunk or treat. I took all the candy Jared and Lydia got at the zoo last weekend and handed it out there. I was so happy to hand out our first batch of trick or treating candy. I love Halloween activities and dressing up but all the candy drives me crazy not only because Jared and Lydia, like most kids want to eat it all the time but I do too! We got home in time for Jared and Lydia to hand out some candy to trick or treaters at our house which they really liked. Jared also helped me hand out some at the trunk or treat. It was a fun night.

1 comment:

Linda said...

Loved your haunted house! So fun!

Cute costumes! Cute kids!