Thursday, October 3, 2013

Ventucci Farm

 
 
Jared's preschool class went to Ventucci Farm today.  Tanner, Lydia and I came along and it was hard. I know that sounds silly but it was. Keeping track of a 20 month old, a three year old and almost four year old wore me out. Tanner and Jared are about 9 months apart and are pretty good but they wanted to run and jump around which was very difficult for Lydia. She does well on even ground but fields not so much. I felt bad because a farm is a good place to run around but not when there are like 250 other kids there, tons of buses and me trying to keep track of them and Lydia. Poor little Lydia got dragged along a lot and I got a really good arm workout carrying her around. I have heard from various people that having three kids was a bigger adjustment and today made me really happy with my two.
We checked out some horses, pigs, chickens and chicks, goats and a HUMONGOUS pig. It was insane how large it was.  I did not take a picture because taking pictures with these three kids proved very difficult. (See above) The highlights were climbing on the tractor and picking out a pumpkin. It was a gorgeous fall day so it was very nice to be outside.


 
Even though it was hard I think the kids had a good time. Jared had two meltdowns which was a bummer. One when I told him not to run ahead (other preschool kids were so that made it extra hard but I couldn't keep up with him carrying Lydia and she really wanted a chance to walk around) and when he tried to carry his pumpkin to the car.  The rule was you had to be able to carry your pumpkin out. It was an uphill battle but he did it. I don't think I would bring my family to this farm but then again if it was just us and Mark was with me it would probably be a lot more enjoyable. Hats off to all those parents who manage so well. 

No comments: