Sunday, May 18, 2014

Preschool Fun

We went to the zoo on Wednesday with Jared's preschool.  Sadly it was like 48 degrees (May has been very un-Spring like around here) so not amazing zoo weather but we had a nice time. We go to the zoo a lot since we are members but Jared was really happy to be there with his "students".  He always calls his classmates "his students" and we think it is quite hilarious. We wonder if it is because Mark talks about his students at school. We did make the trip little more fun by riding the carousel.  It drives me crazy that riding it is not included in our membership so we don't ride it that often so Jared and Lydia loved it.  Note: It is very difficult to take pictures of children riding the carousel while trying to make sure a child does not fall off and you are moving in a circle.



Friday, the 16th was Jared's preschool graduation. We went over to Miss Amy's for a little ceremony and ice cream party.  She had each child come up and she talked about what she loved about them and what they learned throughout the year. It was sweet. She talked about Jared's love of garbage trucks and how he smiled all the time and was so excited to be at preschool each day.  They sang a few songs and were each given a gift from her, a book and a framed picture of the class together. He surprised me by really participating during the songs.  Whenever he sings in church for Primary he barely even says a word even though he knows the songs.  It was fun to see him be excited and participate. We have loved Miss Amy and are so sad she is not teaching next year!!  It was also a little frustrating for Mark and I. Jared is still a huge follower. We have had so many conversation with him about how he needs to make his own choices and when a kid is making a bad choice or off task he needs to not follow them but do what he knows is right. Again and again he would be sitting nicely than notice someone doing something they shouldn't and start doing it too. It's really hard for me. I really struggle with it. Yes, he is 4 years old but I want him to be able to control his actions.  Just because someone else is off task does not mean he should join in. We have talked again and again about how he needs to be a good leader/example and I am not sure how we can explain it any better.  I sincerely hope as he gets older he will stop being such a follower and that I can find an effective way to teach him. Again.




 Jared, Cecily, Colton. 
Jared likes all the kids in his class but Cecily and Colton were his "best friends."  One day he came home and told me since he couldn't marry me he was going to marry Cecily.


Performing their songs. 


It was fun to go to his ceremony and celebrate Jared.  It's strange too though because he still has a whole year before he goes to Kindergarten.  I personally am glad. I hope I can find another preschool for him that he will enjoy as much as he did Miss Amy's.  I have him signed up for one here in the Springs in case we don't move (yes we are still waiting for jobs to be posted.  There has still only been the one in Charlottesville and yes I am so over it. Where the heck we going to be in 2 months???) but can't do anything on the Virginia end till we know which city we will be in.  He has 2 more days this week and then he is done.  The year sure went by fast!!  He really did learn a lot, especially socially which is what I was hoping for and loved going to school.

1 comment:

Tara Fieth said...

I apparently haven't checked your blog in awhile or I wasn't paying attention. I didn't know you guys were actually going to go so far away. We will miss you...