Monday, October 20, 2014

Pumpkin Patch fun!

After Jared's party (and Lydia's nap, Jared did not nap, he has sort of started skipping a day or 2 between his naps this past week which I am okay with, he is five after all but man it was a good run!!) we took off for the pumpkin patch. We picked Lazy S Ranch (there are quite a few in the area) on a recommendation from my friend Laura.  We started out on the road to get there and ran into major traffic just outside of town, near the Monticello Trail exit and Carters Apple Orchard.  It was a most beautiful fall day and those are two really popular places. Carters actually had an electronic sign posted saying their parking lot was full and to please return later! Crazy! Mark quickly exited and was able to find an alternative route.  I was so impressed.  I would have just sat in the traffic.  I wasn't 100% sure how he was originally planning on going but to know a different way when we have only lived here 3 months and he isn't over there much or ever really, is really impressive. Not that surprising given his amazing sense of direction but impressive.  So we took the longer way (not by too much) and got to the pumpkin patch just in time to catch Laura and her family as they left.  It was sort of funny because they left for the pumpkin patch from Jared's party so we had already seen them that morning.

We enjoyed walking around the farm in the perfect weather and checking out the typical activities.  We played in the corn kernel bins, took a hay ride, checked out the animals, played on the hay bale pyramid, mastered the miniature corn maze and picked a pumpkin.  This particular place had a tire swing and while Jared and Lydia enjoyed all the activities the tire swing was their favorite by far.  They have both mentioned wanting one in the past.  I hope we can have one at a house with a real yard one day.






 Lydia needed a bit of coaxing from Mark to go down the slide and loved it when she did it.




 A BLUE tractor! Pretty exciting.  





 They posed themselves quite well! 

 Pumpkin Heads!



 These pumpkins/gourds were so fun and different. 

We stopped at the tire swing on our way out.  They were so happy! I love these pictures.  Lydia did sadly walk in front of it while Jared was swinging so we didn't really end on a happy note but a good time was had by all. (I did manage to slow him down a bit and she is fine it just knocked her to the ground)







Hooray for Fall fun!

No comments: