Monday, February 9, 2015

Lydia at 3

Lydia had her 3 year old well check up today. She did really well until the end and then I think she was just tired of having people in her space.  She is 36.5 inches (35%) and 31 pounds (61%).  She is a healthy little girl which is great.  Her Doctor even complimented her on her teeth.  She is a sweet silly girl.  Her vocabulary is great and she does well having good manners. I asked Mark how he would describe her and he said chatty. She still takes a 2 + hour nap each day and often has to be woken up when we have to go pick up Sam. She will tell me she does not want to take a nap but I still think she needs one and I make her take one. She pretty much always falls asleep right away. She and Jared often keep each other up later than I would like at night but she is sleeping well which is so great. She loves having stories read to her which is pretty much my favorite thing to do with a child.  We go to story time each week at the library and she really enjoys dancing around and doing the little songs/poems. I am starting to really think her love language is touch.  She will often ask to be held or for "a little cuddle" which is something Jared really never did.

Likes/Interests:
Princess's/Fairies.  The day has come.  She enjoys dressing up and playing with her princess's much more now. Her current favorite is Princess Aurora.  (Having Sam around has definitely increased her awareness of princess's and dress up).  She really loves her Little People castle and playing Fairies with Jared.
Food: Carrot and zucchini cream cheese filled muffins, waffles, beef stroganoff, ham, broccoli and potato soup and meat rolls, and TREATS.  She has quite the sweet tooth. She often asks for macaroni and cheese for lunch and does a great job eating different fruits.
Jared:  she really enjoys being with Jared and often talks about how she will miss him when we take him to preschool.  She willingly plays whatever he wants whether that is pirates, (most often) planes, hunters, animals, or shooting Nerf guns.
Being outside:  We go on walks whenever it is warm enough and she loves riding her balance bike and does really well.  She and Jared also frequently ask to go to his hideout.
Shows: Lydia would be so happy if she could watch a show each day.  In a way she does because I let her watch a 5 minute clip or so while I do her hair.  She always asks for more! She loves our family movie night. Most often she wants to watch Jake and Neverland Pirates but lately Princess Aurora has been the most requested.
Letters:  she has begun to show a real interest in letters lately which is nice. (Still no interest what so ever in numbers/counting even though she set a goal to learn them)
Room Time:  Lydia really enjoys room time where she plays in they room by herself.  She is always happy when I have her do it.

We love her to pieces!

No comments: