Monday, June 15, 2015

Jared's glasses

We picked up Jared's glasses today.  He seems to have mixed feelings about them as do I. He was excited to get them and also bummed.  It is really hot here today so he was commenting that his glasses were making him hot, I am pretty sure it was just the weather. As we were driving home from some errands I mentioned that when we go home Lydia would go down for her nap.  Jared said he wanted to take  nap too so he could have a break from his glasses.  This was just after wearing them for a little over an hour.  Not the best sign.  I think we will give him a day to adjust to glasses then have him start wearing the eye patch tomorrow.  After the (very nice) optometrist finished adjusting his glasses she explained to him about 1. not letting anyone else wear his glasses and 2. how to clean them. When we got home he wanted to clean them so bad, at least he is excited about that part.  Although I don't really think they are that dirty after 2 hours... It will be an adjustment for us all. I do like them more than I thought I would. He does look very handsome.


We also moved all our stuff on Saturday.  Our house looks pretty crazy and our kitchen is not quite functioning but we are excited to be here.  It is starting to really come together and I love the paint colors we picked. I was really stressed about the gray but its perfect. I may or may not have forgotten that today was the first day of swim lessons...  it is going to be a busy week of settling in and cleaning the townhouse.  The leasing people here are kind of crazy.  We have to get the carpets cleaned, the walls painted/repaired, the ducts cleaned and the chimney cleaned and just clean it really well.  The chimney and ducts seemed a bit much to me.  We will be so mad if we do not get all of our deposit back in reality its going to cost like 450 - 500 dollars to move out so its like you only get a portion of your deposit back.  So annoying! After this busy week I head out to girls camp and then we head out West for 2 weeks.  Summer will go by fast this year!

No comments: