Tuesday, July 21, 2015

House Tour

We moved into our new house June 13th.  Unpacking went pretty quick since I could not unpack our kitchen.  It is nice to be here and know we are staying here for the next 5+ years. I unpacked things that we never unpacked when we got here last summer knowing we would be moving very soon. Our new house has lots of storage which is so great. I love having places for everything.  It was good I could unpack quickly because the next week I left for Girls Camp. 

Here are the bedrooms. We have 3 rooms upstairs and 2 downstairs in the basement.  We made one a guest room and the other a storage room.  We put our food storage and some holiday decor in there.  We also put our second fridge there. I love having a second fridge I have always wanted one.  A family in our old ward got a new one and they were giving away their old one for free so we snatched it up. I love it! 


We have a master bath too but it is pretty dinky. It works but it quite small.  We wanted to do a frameless shower door instead of a curtain but there was not enough space.  The thing I miss most about our room is a walk in closet. We have 2 closets so we each get one but I do love walk in closets. Thankfully we have tons of other storage including an attic we have hardly used at all.


Jared went with a pirate/nautical theme.  The pennant banner has anchors on it and he picked out cute pirate bedding.  Mark did a great job installing this ceiling fan and 2 others.


Lydia went back and forth between pink and purple. I was happy when she picked purple. I wasn't sure if we would put her name letters back up but she insisted we put them up.  She picked out some bedding with owls which is cute. I really like the purple and aqua with the gray paint. She actually has 2 closets in her room.  I put her stuff in one and then used the other for all my seasonal decor.  Its great having it organized and easily accessible.


I took this picture right by our front door.  We got all new furniture for this room. I wasn't too concerned about the couches as I just wanted accent chairs they are my favorite. I even thought we could do 2 chairs and one couch but Mark wanted a love seat too which was fine. My favorite part of this room is the mantle. I love it and can't wait to decorate it throughout the year. I searched high and low for a perfect accent chair and am really happy with this one.  I also really like the colors we picked. I really stressed about this gray and thankfully it turned out perfect.



There is an exact same door that leads into the kitchen on the other side.  We also went pretty bold with our kitchen and dining room color. I love how it turned out.


Our kitchen turned out so well! We have a few small things to do like paint retouch, install the crown molding above the cabinets, put the baseboards back, and switch out the outlets. It was such a hassle to get it completed.  We got it painted and Mark did an awesome job on the tile but it took a long time to get the cabinets installed and even longer for the counters to be put in.  Living in a house without a functioning kitchen is no fun. We got our counters measured around June 10th but didn't get them installed until July 15th!  As we sat in the Charlottesville airport on June 30th we got a call saying they were ready to schedule our install. It was super frustrating but now they are in and we love them!  I love how it all turned out. 



From the dining room.



We hung up a white board and put all of our travel magnets on the wall and I love having it there. 






This is from the entry way, what you see from the front door. This faucet was a big deal. I really wanted a nice tall one like this and love how it turned out. 

Here is our basement. Its a great space. I really hope I can do my preschool here. We put our old furniture here (which is still in good shape) and it works great. 






 I love this room!  So much great storage. 


 Our not so exciting spare room. 

I didn't do many outdoor pictures but we got our hammock chairs today and love them! We tried them out at Mark's sister Susan's house last summer and vowed we would get some.  They are awesome. We also tried out our fire pit and will get lots of use out of it.  We are really happy with our new place and can't wait to make lots of memories here.





No comments: