We met up with some friends and rode the trolley together. This was while we waited at the bus station. I am looking forward to my hair growing out. Its been a nice change but I really prefer it longer.
Jared sadly has been dealing with a pretty bad cold this week. He seemed fine when he went to bed Monday night but he had really rough nights sleep and was not well in the morning. He woke up twice in the night drenched in sweat so I think he was fighting a fever. He stayed home from school Tuesday and Wednesday and took a 4 hour nap Tuesday and a 3 hour nap Wednesday. I do not doubt that being extra tired contributed to this cold. That and all the new germs he is now exposed to. We spent some time yesterday relaxing in our hammock chairs then playing basketball and I think the resting and fresh air really helped him. I am so glad he is doing better not just because I don't like it when he or Lydia are sick but we are headed to the beach with some friends this weekend.
He was happy to go to school today. Each day has been better then the last which is so encouraging. I am so glad he is enjoying school. We have been doing the drop off line and he loves walking into his classroom by himself. It is so nice to see him enjoying school after such a rough start. I have noticed that Jared really needs some alone time when we get home from school or an outing we go on after school. I am not sure if he needs to decompress or just wants to be alone. (which I can understand) I can't quite remember why but he got really irritated with Lydia and I and told us we were not allowed in his room today. Lydia and I went to play in her room together.
Jared said: "You guys are not allowed in my room ever!!"
Me to Lydia loudly: "We can go in Jared's room while he is at school and he will never know!"
This made Jared quite mad so he made a No trespassing sign and then put booby traps in his room! I heard him talking to himself saying he "needed something sticky to put on the trap so I would get stuck." His solution? Drip milk on it from the cup I gave him. After he played alone for awhile we were best friends again. Tonight before bed he said that he "loved me even more then he loved Daddy" so I think we are good.
I do really enjoy seeing how he sounds out words. I love that he is trying to instead of just asking.
The other day we were down in the basement and Jared started writing a story. This is the first time I remember him doing this so I was really excited. We have written cards to people before but he has never just sat down (Or stood in the instance) and written a story. He did a nice job. It is fun to see him expanding his choices. He even drew a picture at school that had nothing to do with Pirates! He drew a cat and a dog. Today he brought home a paper that had him fill in the question: "When I grow up I want to be...." He wrote President of the Untied States and drew a picture of himself as president. This was a new one to me. He still loves pirates though and spent some time a few days ago building a very fancy pirate ship with cannons, sails and sleeping quarters. We have been reading lots of books about going to kindergarten and preschool for both of them and in one of them the main character is at school and makes sailor hats. Unsurprisingly Jared thought this was a great idea so the other day Mark made hats for Jared, Lydia and himself.
Cat at the Beach. The cat loves to the beach. the cat played at the beach.
Cannons loaded.













No comments:
Post a Comment