Sunday, July 31, 2016

Annual Peach Picking

One of Mark's highlights of the summer is our peach picking trip. This year we did it with some of his family who was out visiting. It was the hottest weekend of summer so far but we did it.  Mark is ready to go back and pick more and will most likely take Jared and Lydia while I am at work this week.  We normally go to Chiles Orchard out in Crozet but on their website they mentioned not having many peaches for the public to pick because December was so warm the trees got pretty mixed up.  Then the frosts got the trees this Spring.  So we headed over to Carter Mountain and found some great peaches. Mark is quite selective of his peaches and his family had some fun with that.  They found a peach and wanted him to come give it his "approval".  They showed him a peach that was covered in these disgusting beetle bugs.  You couldn't even see the peach. It was nasty!   Fortunately he found plenty of delicious ones and Jared and Lydia were excited to have Mark lift them up to pick the approved peaches.  After picking our peaches we enjoyed some peach soft serve.  Carter Mountain is so pretty, I am not sure if I prefer Chiles or Carter's. Im just glad we could go. Pick peaches check! One more item crossed off on our summer fun list.




Hannah, Mark, Cathryn
Lydia, Ian, Anya, Jared

Ian, Jared, Lydia, and Anya. 




Jared also lost another tooth.  It has been loose for awhile and today was the day he got it out.  Mark ended up pulling it out which totally grosses me out.  Jared wrote a very polite (if unrealistic) note to the tooth fairy.  Mark snapped this picture of him and Jared looks so different!  He had wanted to have the tooth pulled out right away but Mark convinced him to wait until after our trip with his family since we would be taking lots of pictures.  The tooth next to it is loose too.


Awhile back Jared and Lydia were playing Hide N Go Seek. Lydia was coming up with some great hiding places.  Mark may have helped with this one.

  

She was up there a good 7 minutes and would have lasted longer if we didn't give Jared some major clues.  I also remembered this funny (somewhat concerning) story.  Lydia and Jared were playing together and it really seemed like a game Jared would not be that interested in but he kept playing along. After a good while I commented to Jared that he could stop playing if he was no longer interested and he said, "I can't stop, if I do Lydia won't pay me."  What?? She was offering him money to play with her?  She certainly speaks his language but I am not in the habit of encouraging Jared and Lydia to pay each other to play together. These kids.

No comments: