Thursday, January 24, 2019

Come Follow Me Moments (by Mark)

This past week as we were studying the New Testament we had a couple of sweet moments with Jared and Lydia.  On Thursday we had been reading about Joseph receiving inspiration to take his family to Egypt.  I noticed that in three separate situations that the scriptures stated that an angel visited him in a dream to give him instruction.  I pointed out that pattern for Joseph in receiving inspiration and shared that the Lord communicates with each of us in our own unique way.  It is our job to identify how the Lord speaks to us.

On Friday after we had read about Mary and Joseph finding Jesus in the temple and it talked about Jesus being about His Father's business.  When I went to tuck Lydia in we looked up Moses 1:39, which states: "For behold, this is my work and my glory--to bring to pass the immortality and eternal life of man."  We talked about what the difference is between immortality and eternal life.  Then we talked about what God's work and glory is.  I then asked her what are some ways we can help in doing His work.  She said, "what we are doing right now!"  I told her that mom and dad teach her about the gospel to help her gain her own testimony.  She told me she didn't want to go up in front of everyone at church.  I explained that a testimony is what you know by what you feel in your heart.  I asked her what she knew to be true.  She told me "I know that we will live again with Heavenly Father after we die".  I told her that's a testimony!  I asked her if she knew the Jesus died for her? She said "Yes!"  I affirmed that's a testimony!  We listed a few things, like prayer, the scriptures and then she remarked that: "I have a big testimony!" As we finished this discussion, she told me that her heart felt really warm.  I asked her what that was and she replied: "the Holy Ghost".  I told her it was the Holy Ghost confirming to her in her heart that she really does have a testimony.  The next day when April was in the car with her, Lydia commented about our discussion about testimonies and how she felt so warm and it helped her sleep without having any dreams that she doesn't like.

No comments: