Friday night I took Lydia over to Albemarle high School for a cheerleading clinic. One of the girls I work with is one of AHS cheerleading coaches. She had told me about the clinic and thought it could be fun thing for Lydia to do. I casually brought it up earlier in the week to gauge her interest. At first she didn't seem too excited but when I bought it up later on in the week she decided she really wanted to go so I took her. It was from 5:00 - 8:00 which was pretty long but she loved it. There was only 1 other girl there and she loved the one on one attention. Our family is not known for our rhythm and coordination but considering she wanted to go back for the Saturday session I won't rule it out of her future. It was great she could try something new and I liked that I knew one of the adults who would be supervising. Jen texted me a few pictures and mentioned how fun she thought Lydia was. I agree she is fun! Lydia has a pretty decent vocabulary, which Jen noticed and texted me about. She told me Lydia said, "This is so satisfactory." Not cool or fun, satisfactory. She cracks me up. She will often start a sentence with. "Wherefore... I am going to read in my room now" Wherefore is one of her more frequently used words. I'm not sure where it came from but I am a definite fan.
Right move, wrong leg. Story of my life, sorry Lydia.
She was a definite fan of the snack options and Jen let her have
quite a few since there were so few girls there.
Last week we were gifted some great patio furniture for our back deck. It will help us enjoy the last of the nice weather for the next 4 months. A sweet family in our ward put their house up for sale and it sold really fast so they had a lot of great stuff they were giving away. They are actually moving to Colorado Springs which is funny since we came from there. We shared some good tips and hope they love it. We actually stopped by to pick up some items and they offered us their patio furniture. Patio furniture has been on our list of wants for a good while but it always gets bumped down. We love it and are putting it to good use. I know I will take a break for the next few months once it heats up but we will enjoy it while we can.







No comments:
Post a Comment