I gave my first talk since Mark was called as Bishop on Sunday. I was admittedly surprised to be asked. I figured the other Bishopric members would not ask me but let Mark ask me. They each take a month at a time and I thought I was sort of being saved for a back up in case he couldn't find anyone. Not because I am so great at speaking it was just what I thought would happen. My topic was how the new Come Follow Me program looks for our family and what blessings we have seen from it. This was an awesome topic for me. I enjoyed preparing and even giving my talk probably more than any other talk I have given. Definitely in the top 3. I actually felt that I had personal experiences to share and really felt strongly about the topic. It was one that I felt I really understood which is often not the case. I ad really try to apply it to my life and my family. I reached out to quite a few friends and family members to hear how it worked for them and loved reading their replies. It was such a positive experience and I think it was relatable and helpful to people. I was worried that my talk would be too long with the new Sacrament meeting schedule but the timing was right on. It was really interesting to hear the other speaker's talk. From what I understood we had really similar topics but we approached it so differently. It was great to hear two very different talks. It would also be great to go another 2.5 years before speaking again!
Last week was our first week for Marathon in a Month. So far Lydia and Jared are doing great. We are 7 miles in. When I brought it up with Jared he was incredibly excited to do it. I thought we might skip it this year as we were well into the month and neither of them had mentioned it but no, they still want to do it which I love. We have run around one of the lakes at Forest Lakes, the new track at Baker Butler and the little track at Broadus Wood. Lydia has run three miles and biked the rest which is fine. We made a goal for her to run twice a week and I hope she will do more. I am still running 3 times week so I have only ran with them once. I do cheer them on while they run though. I signed up for the midnight race in Iceland on the Summer Solstice so I have to somehow stay trained until mid June. It will not be very fun. I am running 3 times a week and doing 3 miles, 4 miles and 5 miles. I am signed up to run the 10K for the race which is my favorite distance but it will be a struggle with the weather getting warmer.
Mile 1! Before
After
That first mile can be brutal.
Monday was .5 cent cone day at Kohrs Brothers. We love this day! This year we went to the store off 250 which is a solid 25 minutes from our house. The other one is off 29 an only 9 minutes from our house. The line was so much shorter at this store and never got very long while we were there. Its hard to even call it a line. We were just outside the door and got our ice cream in less than 5 minutes. We drove by the store off 29 later in the day and the line was super long. I am not sure we saved any time driving over to that store because it is far away but we did not have to wait for our ice cream so it either even out or we did save some time. They are really fast at the one off 29 but it was nice to not have to wait around. Mark was able to join us which was great. I looked through the last 5 years to see if we had gone each year and we have. 5 consecutive years. We are loyal .5 cent cone goers! It was fun to look over the pictures and hard to believe that we have been here for 5 of them. I was aware that we would reach 5 years in Charlottesville this July and impressed we have made it each year. Traditions, I love them! We will see how long our streak lasts, I am feeling pretty good about our chances.
2015
Lydia is 2 and 3 months and Jared is 5 and a half.
2019










No comments:
Post a Comment