Tuesday, August 27, 2019

15 years of Adventures

A few days before our 15th wedding anniversary Mark and I drove over to Roanoke to try out their new zip line/adventure park.  We talked about going on a trip but it was too close to the start of school.  I wanted to do something fun and different, 15 years is kind of a big deal.  So I started looking for cool things to do nearby and saw that this place had just opened up.  It was reasonably priced and only 2 hours away which worked our perfectly. We had a great time.   The Shaw's kindly offered to watch Jared and Lydia for the day and they had a great day too. 

After getting outfitted with your gear you attend a short training school which shows you how to use the equipment and goes over some basic guidelines.  You practice on a short, down low zip line which was really helpful.  Then you have 2.5 hours to have fun.  There are 4 courses total and we stayed on 2 of them.  The two we did had more zip lines, one was completely zip lines which was what we wanted.  The other 2 were designed with younger kids in mind and there were lots of climbing obstacles.  We were lucky and rarely had to wait in lines.  On our 2nd time through we tried to be clever and think of creative things to yell as we did the zip lines.  I tired to tie in most things I yelled to Mark and our anniversary with some success. 






It was something we had never done before and would definitely do again.  It was hot and humid but most of the course was shaded which helped a lot and really what else would it be in Virginia in mid August? As we did the courses we both mentioned how Jared would really love it.  We think we might take him and a friend for his birthday. I don't think he would have any problems.  Lydia might have a hard time maneuvering the belays but I think she would really enjoy doing the courses.  After our time was up we stopped for lunch and then ice cream and drove home to pick up Lydia and Jared.  It was a great way to celebrate our anniversary, my favorite so far. 

Being married to Mark is a dream.  He is helpful, hardworking, forgiving, great at planning trips and getting us around on said trips, an awesome dad, always willing to share his treats with me (and comes up with really good treats), faithful and much more.  He loves the church and is willing to serve any where he can and always encourages me to pursue things I am interested in.  And more often then not he says "yes" when I find activities for us to do as a family when maybe he would enjoy a nap instead. Yes, we both get exasperated with each other, we are not perfect but we are both committed and patient with each other.  I am both incredibly happy and grateful we both said yes 15 years ago and look forward to many more adventures with him.

No comments: