Awhile back Mark and the primary presidency member over cub scouts met to decide what to do with the Cub Scout age boys. There is a really nice couple called to plan/lead activities but they were not getting a lot of support from families (guilty) and lots of activities were cancelled. So it was decided to assign families of Cub Scout age kids specific activities to be in charge of and then have the couple called be there to support them/help ahead of time. Mark and I brainstormed activities and people to be in charge and then he called the families to ask if they would accept the assignment to organize the activity. Everyone agreed and then all who could met after church Sunday a few weeks ago to finalize everything. The program has just really floundered since the church announced it would no longer be using the Cub Scout program. I was never a true Scout supporter but even my minimal attempts were put aside once it was announced we were splitting ways. I think the next few months will be fun. We are in charge of caroling in December. Being part of the planning group, all 2 of us, did put me in a good spot to pick what activity I wanted to be in charge of. I hope everyone enjoys what is planned and shows up. I am curious to learn more about the new program. I feel like the church has really been stringing us along. Mark got pamphlets and some thin booklets in the mail this week to prepare for the church wide 5th Sunday meeting about the program this month but they were still really vague. Since I will be in nursery I will need to watch the broadcast about it at home some time.
4 days ago






No comments:
Post a Comment