Crafts and treats.
We did our annual ice cream cone trees and reindeer donuts. We didn't do many crafts this year but made a cute 3-D reindeer and a stained glass nativity we handed out to ward members with a treat. We chose a different treat to make each Sunday and took a card and plate of cookies to a different family. It was fun and likely a new tradition we will add in. Saturday ended up being a big baking day and it was fun and delicious. I prefer cutting out cookies and Jared and Lydia prefer decorating them so we make a good team. Although we both end up doing each task.
Christmas Parties
Friday we went over to the Hendricks to celebrate school being out for Christmas. We met up with the Shaws and Farnsworth's and all the kids (15!) had a really fun time together. They decorated cookies, watched the Polar Express and then we had dinner together. It was a fun get together. We are so glad the Hendricks moved here. Christa is really sweet and so patient and Jared really enjoys meeting up with her three older boys.
About half the kids. It was impressive how well that many kids interacted together.
Sunday we hosted the Bishopric members after church for lunch. Originally all the members of the Bishopric were going to attend but then the Reids had to leave town for a funeral and the Struble's couldn't make it because Susan was really sick. We had a waffle bar and I made some chicken to go along with it. The Shaw's had never had chicken and waffles and I was happy to introduce them to it. It is my most favorite meal.
Christmas Caroling
Sunday night we were able to do our annual caroling with the Players and Papins. We visited 2 families in our ward and 2 families in the 1st ward. Mark and Liz have this awesome history but our schedules do not match up well so Christmas caroling is our for sure chance to catch up with them and it was really nice. We stayed there much later then we normally would but with no school the next day we decided to make the most of our time. We visited the most with Liz and it was just really great. She is a really wonderful person to be around.
Charlottesville Municipal Band Christmas Concert
I attended this concert myself a few weeks ago. I have had it on our list the past few years and am really glad I was able to go. We had attended the "Joy To The World" concert the previous week so I let Jared and Lydia choose if they wanted to go to this concert or stay home with Mark and they chose to stay home with Mark. Their loss! The song selection was great and the audience sing along was really fun. Next year I plan to have us all go. These concerts are funny because so much of the audience is 60 + years old. I had a lovely time chatting with my seat mates who were very friendly. You do have to get there early though. I got there 15 minutes early and the house was full.

















No comments:
Post a Comment