Sunday, April 12, 2020

Spring Break (Corona Virus Week 4)

Spring break was nothing.  The end.

I guess we did a few out of the ordinary things. We had a campfire one night and no school work was completed although Jared and Lydia did ask to play Prodigy each day and we let them.  They somehow ended up staying up later than they normally do and Jared slept in until 10:00 at least three times so that was something.  We went out to safely see if we could see the super moon through the clouds and were rewarded with some awesome views. This led to a discussion about star gazing so we did stay out to try that too, all by ourselves, we saw on one else.   One day was warmer than I would like so we fulfilled Lydia's request to have a water war and did some water activities.  One night, on our daily mile walk at Chris Greene it was really windy so we stayed to fly a kite and that was fun.   Mark only worked at the airport for 1 hour and 15 minutes Monday night.  There was only 1 plane they needed to land and walk through. We did have a really great week celebrating Easter which was so nice. And thats it. Spring break 2020.

Super Moon


Caught this beautiful sunset while we waited.  
It was such a treat since we rarely see the sunset surrounded by trees as we are. 


*I have been noticing that more of my pictures were more blurry than I like and pointed this out to Mark.  He said that it is because they are motion pictures and he's right! Any time I edit them it takes away the motion so I did not want to edit this one, so blurry it is.

I've really come to appreciate what photographers call "Golden Hour" as we've taken these evening walks.  Its kind of magical.





I also had my first real "How are we going to survive this new normal for 8+ more weeks" (59 days till June 10th, the current stay at home order for VA) day.  It had gotten really hot (but not really, were talking 82 degrees I am a wimp) and the previous 2 days of no structure were wearing on me. Its silly this happened to me because a good portion of my day is still very structured and almost the same as it was Pre Corona Virus (wake up, exercise, get ready for day, work my 4 hours) but I'm better now.  I have seen a few posts about being very gentle with yourself and recognizing that its ok to not understand why you are feeling the way you are and am taking those to heart.  Our life has been minimally interrupted with this virus and so many people are facing real fears and struggles that I have no reason to complain.  I was grateful for the chance to participate in the worldwide fast Friday, it felt good to do something besides stay at home even though I still did that...

No comments: