We celebrated our 16th anniversary with kayaking, donuts and cake. Mark and I ordered some Duck Donuts online and went out to kayak at the Earlysville Reservoir. We don't go there to kayak very often so it was nice to go somewhere different. Although the water didn't look very pretty in some parts. I think kayaking somewhere like Glacier National Park has made kayaking here harder. The water is just not the same but it is a nice activity that we enjoyed doing together. It is so awesome to have kids the ages we do. It makes date night or morning in this case, so much easier. Lydia does not love being alone but does handle it fine. She normally stays in her room where she feels safest. We have our landline and I always call to check on her and it has been working great. It is rare she is without at least Jared.
Mark decided he wanted to have some cake to celebrate our anniversary and our family anniversary. There is a well known bakery in town (Chandler's Bakery) that we have wanted to try out but haven't necessarily wanted to spend the money. Our anniversary seemed like a good time to go for it. We looked up their cakes online and ordered an 8 inch Raspberry Drip Cake which is a lot of cake for 4 people. It was chocolate cake on the bottom, raspberry filing, yellow cake, raspberry filing and one more layer of yellow cake. It was covered with Raspberry buttercream and chocolate ganache and was absolutely worth the money. We all loved it.
Every year Mark makes a photo collage of events from the previous year and we go through it as a family. I love that Mark makes the new collage every year. It was a lovely anniversary celebration. I donut want to think about what our life would be like without Mark.






No comments:
Post a Comment