We have now lived happily in our apartment for 7 months. We really like our apartment and are happy we chose it. The one problem is our oven. When we first moved in we noticed that sometimes when you turned the oven onto bake it wouldn't turn out so you had to jiggle it a little. We didn't think too much of it because it still turned on just fine. Well this problem has grown bigger and bigger in the past 7 months. At first you would just have to twist it a few times, and push on it really hard. Then it started turning off while something was cooking so it always took forever for anything to finish and now we are no longer able to turn the oven on to bake at all. This is very very frustrating. Many things are not supposed to be broiled to cook them.

I know there is a glare but I set the knob on bake and the red light practically laughed at me! Meaning it would not turn on. I would try to have it a little past the word bake and the light would turn on but if I came back in a few minutes and it was cold inside the oven. What a pain!







2 comments:
Ugh, and you thought you'd left appliance problems in Cairo. The big difference is that you've got a landlord that actually does something. How much longer will you guys be there? Idaho soon? yeah, yeah! ;)
Oh, April! That is crazy! I was going to say exactly what Lydia did about Cairo. lol! I couldn't live without an oven! I'm so glad your landlord's so nice and helpful!
Post a Comment