Friday, December 31, 2010

Finished

 I finished Jared's Baby Book today!

Back in high school and college I was really into scrapbooking. It was relaxing and I could work on it for hours.  After I finished my last year of college I decided I was going to give up scrapbooking.  I had a digital camera so I wasn't developing pictures like I used to and it gets to be really expensive. I didn't even make a wedding scrapbook.  Same thing with Egypt, although I did make a large photo album of our 2.5 years there.  But I knew that once I had kids I would want them to have at least one special photo album that was all their own so I decided I would make a "First Year" Scrapbook for all the kids we have.  My goal was to have it done before we had our next kid or they turned two, Jared will be 15 months in two weeks and we are NOT having a baby in the next 9 months.  So I am starting the New Year off well ahead of schedule! It's great.  It was really nice to scrapbook again.  I am not going to pick it up again but it was really fun to look at pictures and see how Jared has grown. 2010 was a nice year for us.  I tried to look through it with Jared but he lost interest pretty quick.  He probably won't really want to look at it until he is much older but that's okay.  I will enjoy  it until then.  I love this little boy and am so happy he is part of our family.
Sample Pages:



Here's to a New Year full of more fun memories. 

HAPPY NEW YEAR!

P.S. Does anybody have any simple journal writing ideas?  I have been writing in a word document each Sunday for the last few years but I have really not been interested the last 6 weeks or so.  I know lots of people use their blog as their journal but I am just not sure that is the route I want to go.  Any suggestions would be appreciated.

2 comments:

Rebecca said...

Cute pages!

I'm really bad a keeping a journal. I write about the really big events in a personal journal, but then I blog and I "scrapbook" with Photoshop. I love scrapbooks, but the traditional ones were too time consuming, expensive and I'm really not that artistic. Doing it on the computer is much easier and less expensive and then I don't feel bad about not writing in my journal!

veryterry said...

I have decided I am going to try keeping a small notebook of daily thoughts. (plus my regular journal for bigger events) Ever since facebook, my mind is always thinking of "Status updates" but I never post them. Instead I will now just start grabbing that book of thoughts and jotting it down. It might actually be a more accurate record of how I feel and think about things in each stage of life I get to experience. We'll see how it goes. Good job finishing your scrapbook! I haven't even started one for Lyra although I promised myself I would do one at least for her first year because I did one for Lisa and want to be fair. Happy New Year by the way!