Sunday, January 16, 2011

15 months

Jared had his 15 month check up Friday.  He is a happy healthy kid. He weighs 23.3 pounds (33 %) and is 32.5 inches (88%). So he grew 1.5 inches in the last three months.  The one thing that he is not doing is talking a whole lot. He still says banana and blanket (or his versions of them but they are pretty clear) and occasionally says mama and dada.  The doctor said that hopefully he will get more words by his 18 month check up.  He sure is cute though.  He definitely loves the freedom of being able to walk and run around. He is pretty fast too!  He gets that well known mischievous look that I think all toddlers get when you ask them to do something or to stop doing something. They make the look and run the opposite way or do exactly what they wanted to even though they know they are not supposed to. So I think besides not talking much he is pretty normal. He also learned how to climb up on top of our ottoman so I know many things will no longer be safe.  At church today a bishopric member commented on how of all the kids in the ward Jared is the easiest to make smile.  He is just a happy easy going kid and we are so grateful.  I think we will try the one nap bit this week and see how he does.  I sincerely hope it will be longer then an hour and a half.




In other news I had the most amazing day in Primary.  Every single person who has a calling in Primary that they do on Sunday showed up and our kids were SO reverent.  It was fantastic.  I needed a nice day like today after last week.  We will hope there are many more.  I also have every single calling filled for the first time since August.  It so weird to not be thinking about who could fill one.  I am so thankful and  love it!

3 comments:

Rebecca said...

He is so cute!!

I'm glad you had a good Sunday. I know the feeling of needing one. Last week my class was so awful I was almost sad that we weren't moving every 8 months any more! This week was better...mainly because someone wasn't there. Oh well. We'll keep trying

veryterry said...

such a cute smile. can't wait to see you all in June!

Unknown said...

Like parents, like son. He has happy, easy going parents! :)

Don't worry about the talking thing. You know Xander said three words about that time too. Ball, car, dada... And then one day, just out of the blue, he started rattling off all kinds of things and by 18 months, he was stringing two words together. It was like he'd just been holding back on us and only started when HE wanted to. Or maybe it just all clicked into place for him. I don't know. Did I learn from that? Nope. I worried over Ethan because by 2, I could count on two hands how many words he was saying, but he doesn't stop talking now. ;)