Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Hanging from the ceiling

I think the ceiling is a very underused decorating spot. In October I hang ghosts, in January I hang snowflakes and I am thinking I will start hanging stars in the summer.  Well, I have been reading this AMAZING book full of activities for your toddler.  It's called The Toddler's Busy Book.  There is also one for Preschoolers. I love that so many of the ideas are done with things you already have around your house.  One of the ideas was to hang balloons from your ceiling to let your toddler play with.  So I hung some up yesterday and Jared LOVES them.  I love to hear him giggling and laughing as he runs into them.  I borrowed this book from the library but will totally be buying a copy of it.  It's that useful.




 I love my snowflakes.

Jared loves to play with the snowflakes on the banister its a good way to remind him to be soft.

Yep, those are Valentines Day decorations you see up.  So I guess I hang hearts and snowflakes in January/Febraury. I figure Valentines Day comes pretty early in Februarry so I need to decorate early and then St Patrick's comes early in March so I need to dcorate for it right after Vaentines Day and then there is Easter so I have to do it early to fully enjoy the decorations. My house is always so boring from May to September another reason I don't think summers are that fun but I might like it more this year since Jared will be able to go outside all day.

P.S. If you remember could you let me know how old your kids were when they went from 2 naps to 1? Thanks so much.

6 comments:

veryterry said...

Lyra stopped taking 2 naps back in the summer (11 months) although she does still take 2 if she wakes up really early or takes a very short nap in the morning. Lisa was probably closer to 2 years old though. I like your balloon idea. Does he try to rip them down or mostly just bump them and run through them?

Rebecca said...

I like to hang snowflakes from my ceiling too! Thanks for the book suggestion. I'll have to see if our library has it. I've looked at a lot of online "toddler activities" but they're usually more preschool level.

Thanks for the birthday card! It made my day yesterday!

Candie said...

We love to hang snowflakes too! They were our first (and only) Christmas decorations our first year together.

I think Marlie was a little over a year old when she went down to one nap a day. I would say just try it for a few days and see how Jared does. If he seems happy enough with one and still sleeps well at night, then go for it!

Lydia said...

The ceiling is awesome! Did he ever rip them down? All my kids went from 2 to 1 around the 12-14 month mark.

Joseph and Kimberly said...

Jesse was about fourteen months Jadyn was even earlier than that by about 18 months she had stopped taking naps at all unless we drove somewhere in the car. I hang bats made from egg cartons and toilet paper rolls from the ceiling at Halloween but I like the hearts and snowflakes idea and may start doing that too.

Unknown said...

You just need patriotic decor for Flag day in June and July and hey, Mexican decor for Cinco De Mayo. ;)

August is just kind of a boring month...

I love the idea of hanging things from the ceiling. That's so fun!