We had our ward Easter activity on Saturday. Yes, a week after Easter. There was a BBQ, an egg hunt, and an auction for the YW (Young Women = girls ages 12-18) to raise money. I am not at all opposed to the YW earning money but the thing is they didn't do anything to earn the money. People in the ward signed up to bake something and bring it to the activity so it could be auctioned off and bought by the same people who brought the treats. So many people brought treats, there were at least three long tables full, maybe four. The thing is the YW did not make the treats or do the auctioning yet they got a lot of money! It was all the people in the ward. I left the activity early to take Jared home and put him down for a nap but when Mark got home he told me about the auction again expressing how
weird (maybe he used a different word) it was that the YW were getting all this money when they didn't do anything. I made some sugar cookies for the event because that is what I do and they earned 21 dollars and there were lots of people bidding on them. It made me feel good about myself. I wonder if the YM (Young Men = boys 12-18) will "host" an auction at our ward pancake breakfast scheduled for July...
The ones I took were prettier. A dozen of these for 21 dollars? So worth it. I told Mark that he should bid on them since he did not want to support the auction at all he did but he lost he said he was just trying to drive the amount up. What a supportive husband.
SPRING decorations.
1 comment:
That is kind of strange. Ah well... I would have paid $21 for your sugar cookies for sure. Mmm!
Post a Comment